Did you know we host a live chat room? We are closed right now but will be back online:
GHB and GBL are very similar with GBL converting to GHB shortly after it enters your body. They have been used as recreational drugs on the club scene for many years and have also been used by bodybuilders to gain weight. GBL is found in industrial cleaners and some nail varnish remover pads. Although once legal, both are now illegal to possess and/or supply.
GHB and GBL are depressant (downer) drugs which can give you a mild high in small doses and cause a short (several hour) coma-like sleep in larger doses. They also slow down your heart rate and breathing. People using it can experience relaxation, loss of inhibition and increased sex drive as well as cravings to re-dose, unconsciousness, agitation and confusion. High doses can lead to memory loss and coma-like sleep.
It comes as a clear liquid which tastes a little salty and is usually diluted in water and swallowed. Strengths vary a lot and if you
don't know the concentration be extremely careful, take a test dose and dose low (<0.5mL). Doses should be researched,
recorded and measured accurately. The difference between a dose which will get you high and one which will cause an
overdose is very small.
If you choose to take GHB/GBL
- Measure your dose using a dropper and start with a small amount (0.3-0.5mL).
- Dilute in water and add a food colouring to avoid accidental drinking.
- Always use in a safe place with friends and with someone who is ‘straight’ as it is common to become unconscious with GHB/GBL.
- Wait until effects are felt and avoid redosing for at least 2 hours.Avoid frequent use. GHB/GBL is physically addictive.
- Avoid mixing with other downers, especially alcohol which increases the risk of overdose.
- Sleep on your side to avoid choking in your sleep if you throw up.
- Keep a close eye on your drinks when you're out as GHB has been used in attacks of a sexual nature where drinks have been spiked.
Class C drug. Penalties for possession are up to 2 years in prison and/or an unlimited fine. Supply holds penalties of up to 14 years in prison and/or an unlimited fine.